These brownies make a delicious treat, and can be made and served in your favorite cast iron pan.
- 8 tablespoons or organic,butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened organic cocoa powder
- 1 cup of raw brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 large organic free range eggs
- 1/2 cup organic almond flour, sifted
- 1 cup organic semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 heaping tablespoons of organic almond butter
Preheat oven to 325°F. Melt the butter in an 8- or 9-inch cast iron skillet over a medium heat. Pour the melted butter into a large mixing bowl, leaving a film of butter on the pan. Whisk the cocoa powder into the bowl with the butter. Add the sugar, salt, and vanilla, and whisk until well combined. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, then sift in almond flour through a strainer (this avoids lumps). Whisk well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the pre-greased pan. Melt the almond butter in a double boiler until runny. Drop dollops of the melted spread over the top of the pan, all over. Using a butter knife, gently swirl the almond butter into the brownies, running the knife lengthwise and crosswise.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares and eating.
And there you have it! Try any of these dishes and I bet you won’t be disappointed, especially with those brownies. Enjoy!