- 175 gm caster sugar
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tbsp Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 200 gm thick Greek-style yoghurt
- Scatter sugar in the base of a large frying pan and cook over medium-high heat, shaking pan occasionally, until sugar is dark and caramelised (4-5 minutes).
- Add 100ml water (be careful, hot caramel will spit), swirl pan to combine, then add peppercorns and vanilla bean (reserve seeds).
- Meanwhile, quarter pineapple lengthways through the core, remove core and discard.
- Add pineapple to caramel and cook, turning occasionally, until glazed and tender (4-5 minutes).
- Stir yoghurt and vanilla seeds in a bowl to combine and serve with pineapple and spiced caramel.