Jamaican tea, a chocolate tea which is different, is thinner than hot chocolate and perfect for warmer climates. It’s made with boiling water rather than milk and uses authentic but rough chocolate.You can find this sold in kits in Caribbean shops. Here is how to make it yourself.
- 2 balls chocolate or 75g of best quality cocoa
- 500ml of boiling water
- A cinnamon stick or if you can get them, cinnamon leaves
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- Sugar to taste
- Milk or cream to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add sugar and nutmeg to taste.
- Strain the tea before serving, adding the milk or cream last. Some Jamaican ladies like to add a little white overproofed rum.