- 300g of plain flour
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 120g of granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 275ml of milk
- 100g of white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 100g of frozen mixed berries
- 50g of black cherries in syrup, tinned, pips removed
- 90g of crunchy oat cereal, nut free
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl and then add the sugar
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and add the oil, beat until light and fluffy. Then, add the milk and whisk the mixture for 1 minute.
- Fold the egg mix into the flour – be careful not to over-mix but ensure the flour is mixed in. There may still be a few lumps but this is fine.
- Roughly chop the cherries and fold in to the mix along with the chocolate and mixed berries.
- Place the muffin papers in a muffin tray and spoon in the mixture. Remove any raisins from the crunchy oat cereal and sprinkle onto the top of each muffin – you could also use seeds instead.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and allow to cool in the tray before placing on a wire rack. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
by Andy McLeish