- 1 part dried calendula flowers
- 1 part dried marshmallow root
- cold water
- 1 ounce organic aloe vera gel
- 12 drops lavender essential oil
- Put equal parts dried calendula flowers and marshmallow root in a small jar.
- Pour cold water over the herbs, filling the jar 1 inch from the top. Allow to sit at room temperature for 8-12 hours.
- Strain herbs and compost.
- Combine 1 ounce of herbal infusion with 1 ounce organic aloe gel in a 2 ounce spray bottle.
- Add 12 drops of lavender essential oil and shake well to mix.
- Spray on sunburned skin as often as needed.
Calendula, aloe, and lavender essential oil are all soothing and nourishing to burns and aid in cell regeneration. Marshmallow is an emollient that becomes very slimy when allowed to sit in cool water for an extended period of time and helps to sooth irritated skin. This combination of herbs is a great remedy to use on hot, damaged skin from a sunburn.