- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 4tbsp runny honey
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 4tbsp lime juice
- Baby gem lettuce leaves, to serve
- Fresh mint leaves, to garnish (optional)
- Lime, halved, to garnish
- 6 wooden or metal skewers
- Cut each breast into 3 long strips and place in a ceramic dish. Combine the chilli, garlic, ginger, honey, soy sauce and lime juice and pour over the chicken.
- Chill for at least 1 hour (or up to 6 hours).
- Thread 2 pieces of chicken onto each skewer.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook on a preheated barbecue or under a preheated grill for about 8 minutes, turning every couple of minutes until cooked.
- Boil the marinade in a small saucepan for about 5 minutes, or until reduced slightly.
- Serve each chicken skewer with the lettuce, garnished with mint and lime wedges.
- Serve the sauce on the side.
Credit: House and garden UK