- 375g (13oz) ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g (17½oz) roast lamb, chopped
- 1½tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- 25g (¾oz) pine nuts, toasted
- Bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped, plus extra togarnish
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Cut the pastry into 4, 15cm squares and transfer to a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Fold over the four edges of each piece of pastry by 1cm (½in) to make a border. Prick the inside several times with a fork to stop it from rising. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edge of the pastry has started to rise and turn golden, then remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion gently for 5minutes until soft. Remove from the heat and add the lamb, pomegranate molasses, cinnamon, chilli, pine nuts and parsley. Season to taste, then spoon into the puff pastry cases.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve drizzled with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the extra parsley. And the pomegranate seeds.
Note: Pomegranate molasses is available from most delis, or you can substitute with a mixture of equal quantities of honey and lemon juice.