- 190 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 113 g butter
- 225 g sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp dried lavender (finely chopped, plus more for garnish)
- 3 eggs
- 150 g Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp lemon juice (divided)
- 125 g powdered sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean (scraped)
- butter for greasing
- Set butter, eggs, and yogurt out to reach room temperature.
- Heat oven to 175°C/350°F. Butter a loaf pan and line it with a strip of parchment paper long enough to hang over short sides of the pan. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter, then add sugar, lemon zest, and lavender.
- Beat until light and well combined, then add eggs one at a time.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt with some of the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Fold half of dry ingredients into butter mixture, then add yogurt.
- Add rest of flour and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for about 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before turning cake out of pan.
- Let cool completely.
Meanwhile, stir together powdered sugar, remaining lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake, sprinkle with lavender buds, and let set before slicing and serving.