Besides a sunblock, this healthy, chemical free, nutrient dense sunscreen protection is a true beauty treatment!
- 2 tbs organic coconut oil
- 1 tbs organic shea butter
- 1 tbs organic avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp organic sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp organic aloe vera gel
- 30 drops organic carrot seed oil
- Melt the coconut oil and shea butter au bain marie by putting the oils in a bowl that is placed in a pan of hot water.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the oil into a clean jar and let the mixture cool down.
If you are bringing the sunscreen with you on a trip to a hot country, the oil becomes liquid. In this case, it might be more convenient to carry the oil in a bottle.
Use Caution When Using Natural Oils for Sunscreen
Since not all oils are created equal, the SPF can vary when it is on your skin. Determining the exact SPF factor of an oil is difficult, espeically given that natural oils oxidize (lose some of their medicinal properties) over time and when exposed to light. Ensure that you are purchasing your oils from a recommended source and always do your research.
Source : greatbodyskin.com