- ½ CUP SPARKLING CLEAR LEMONADE
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE
- 2¼ CUPS PLAIN (ALL-PURPOSE) FLOUR, PLUS EXTRA FOR DUSTING
- ⅓ CUP CASTER (SUPERFINE) SUGAR
- 2 TEASPOONS DRIED YEAST
- 4 EGG YOLKS
- 50G UNSALTED BUTTER, SOFTENED
- ¼ CUP DOUBLE (THICK) CREAM
- 2 TABLESPOONS SMOOTH PEANUT BUTTER
- 2 TABLESPOONS RASPBERRY JAM
- 1 EGG, LIGHTLY BEATEN
- MELTED UNSALTED BUTTER, FOR BRUSHING
- 2 TABLESPOONS HONEY
- 1 TABLESPOON BOILING WATER
- ½ CUP WHITE (GRANULATED) SUGAR
- Heat the lemonade and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat until just warm. Place the flour, sugar and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the warm lemonade and egg yolks and beat until just combined. Add the butter and cream and beat for 6–8 minutes or until a smooth sticky dough forms. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover with a clean damp tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 1–1½ hours or until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Roll out each portion on a lightly floured surface to ½cm thick. Using an 8½cm round cookie cutter, cut out 6 rounds from each. Place half the rounds on a large baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room to spread.
- Top each with 1 teaspoon each of peanut butter and jam. Brush the edges with beaten egg and top with the remaining dough rounds, pressing the edges to seal. Using an 8cm round cookie cutter, trim the edges. Set aside for 30 minutes or until risen.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Brush the doughnuts with butter and cook for 8–10 minutes or until golden.
- While the doughnuts are cooking, place the honey and boiling water in a small bowl and mix to combine. Brush the warm doughnuts with the honey mixture and roll in the sugar to coat. Serve immediately.