Energy balls are the healthier alternative when we all need an energy boost at some point during the day. Coffee is one solution; a sugary energy drink another but I highly recommend having an homemade energy ball for a healthier sustenance.
Below are a few recipes to get you started
1) Oatmeal Protein energy balls
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed/hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon water(optional)
- Place cashews and rolled oats in a high-power food processor. Process on high for about a minute or until everything is finely ground. Next, add in ground flaxseed and cocoa powder and mix for 20 seconds.
- Add wet ingredients and mix on high for about a minute or until dough is formed.
- Finally, add in mini chocolate chips and pulse to mix together.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough into your palms and roll to create your balls.
2) Fruit N Nut energy balls
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 2 cups medjool Dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried Figs, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dry apricot, chopped
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder (optional)
- Dry roast all the nuts and pumpkin seeds till very light gold brown and set aside. After they cool down add them to the blender and pulse to a coarse blend.
- Add the dates, fig, apricot, cardamom and pulse till mixed thoroughly.
- Roll into balls and enjoy!
3) Oats pecan cranberry energy ball
- 2 tablespoons Pecans
- 1/2 Cup Almond butter
- 1/2 Cup Quick-cooking oats (not old fashioned!)
- 1/4 Cup Dried cranberries, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and place the pecans on a small baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes until golden brown and toasted, watching closely to make sure they don’t burn. Chop them finely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients, adding the pecans at the end. Stir until well combined the mixture comes together into a dough.
- Roll into balls and Enjoy!
4) Immune support energy ball
- 1 cup of tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/3 cup of almond butter
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of chopped almonds
- ½ cup of ashwagandha powder
- ½ cup of astragalus powder
- ½ cup of eleuthero powder
- ¼ cup of licorice powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- ½ cup of semi sweet chocolate Chips (optional)
- Begin by mixing all the powdered herbs together. Set them aside once they are combined well.
- Over low heat gently warm the nut butters and honey, stirring constantly. The goal of this isn’t to cook the mixture but rather to warm it just enough to help mix it together.
- Once it has warmed enough to form a consistent mixture remove from heat. Immediately stir in the chopped almonds followed by the herbal powder mixture. The end result should be a soft and pliable dough mixture.
- After the paste has cooled down add the chocolate chips. If added too soon the heat from the mixture could melt them.
- After everything is combined, form about a tablespoon of the dough into a ball.
Note: Please change proportions and ingredients as seemed fit to your liking.
Use the best quality ingredients and keep the finished energy balls refrigerated.