Serves 9 scones
- 125mls rose lemonade, or any lemonade of your choice
- 300g Self Raising Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 50g caster sugar
- 125mls crème fraiche (or double cream)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Pre-heat oven to 450 F.Put the flour, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl, and then add the crème fraîche or cream and the lemonade. Mix well until it is combined into a soft dough, adding a little more cream if it is too dry.
- Turn the dough onto a floured board and knead lightly before pressing the dough out to a thickness of about 2cm (3/4”). Cut the scones out with a round cutter, and place them onto a greased and/or lined baking tray. Glaze the tops with the milk.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. Serve warm with butter, jam and cream, as well as a glass of rose lemonade!