Thyme and Champagne-Roasted Parsnips
- 2kg parsnips, peeled, quartered and cut into 8cm lengths
- ½ cup (90G) brown sugar
- 16 sprigs lemon thyme, plus extra to serve
- 2 cups (500ml) champagne or sparkling wine
- Sea Salt and crackled black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the parsnips in a large bowl, sprinkle with the brown sugar, toss to combine and divide between 2 large roasting trays.
- Divide the lemon thyme and Champagne between the trays, toss to coat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook, turning once, for 30–35 minutes or until the parsnips are golden and caramelised. Top with extra thyme and sprinkle with salt and pepper to serve.