Voodles are noodles made out of veggies. They are also called spiralized vegetables. The great thing about them is that you can enjoy your favorite pasta/ noodle dishes, but without the calories and carbs at the same time. You can put so many different kinds of veggies in your spiralizer so today give these Asian voodles a try.
Oriental Voodle Stir Fry
For the sauce:
- ¼ cup dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
For the rest of the dish:
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger finely minced
- 4 medium carrots, spiralized
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized and trimmed to a shorter length and lightly squeezed of excess liquid
- 2 large handfuls of shitake mushrooms,sliced
- 2 large red bell peppers, spiralized
- 5 ounces of snow peas
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, roughly chopped
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Add ½ tablespoon of cooking fat (olive oil, vegetable oil, etc.) in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, add onion, ginger, garlic. Add the shitake and Saute until fragrant and shitake has softened.
- Add the spiralized zucchini, carrots, bell peppers, and snow peas to the pan and toss everything together for a minute or two. Lower the heat to medium.
- Pour the sauce all over the ingredients and let sauce thicken for 3-5 minutes. Gently toss everything together in the sauce.
- Add half of the chopped roasted cashews to the skillet and toss again.
- Remove from heat and serve topped with the remaining chopped cashews.
Adapted from tablefortwo