Your skin always needs some extra care in winter. Because of dry chilly winds all types of skin becomes dry at this season and becomes dry, dull, lifeless and wrinkled. Good and ideal skin care is always desirable at this season, as dry and cold winter air takes away all the natural moisturizer of the skin.
Cleanse Your Skin With Milk
As winter is dry in most part of the world, air is full with dust. This dust starts to accumulate on our skin. Use of creams and lotions help them to stick tightly on skin. The result is clogged pores and outbreak of acne and pimples. To get rid of grime and dirt regular cleaning of your skin is necessary. Cleanse your skin at least twice or thrice daily. But, if you use soap or face wash on your skin it removes natural oil of the skin along with dust.
Milk is a natural cleanser which not only cleanses dust without removing natural moisturizer of the skin, it also moisturizes and hydrates skin. Take a cup of chilled milk. Soak a cotton ball in it and apply milk on your skin with the helps of it. After that, rub the cotton gently on your skin. It will help to remove dirt from the deepest pores of the skin. It moisturizes it and makes your skin healthy and glowing, supplying adequate nutrition.
For a herbal touch try these recipes
I] Mild herbal milk cleanser
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried herb or a handful of fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon powdered milk
- Make an infusion with the herbs and 1 cup of water. To create the infusion, pour boiling water over dried or fresh leaves or flowers, and cover the container tightly to prevent the escape of volatile oils. Steep 10 to 15 minutes, then strain.
- Allow it to cool to a comfortable temperature, then mix infused water into the powdered milk. Apply the liquid to your face with a cotton ball or cloth, then rinse with cool water.
- Immediately refrigerate any unused infusion and discard after a day.
II] Rosemary Winter Mint Scrub
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup epsom salt
- 1 cup carrier oil such as olive, jojoba, etc
- 5 to 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 to 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- Mix the sugar, salt, and carrier oil in a medium-sized bowl, and stir until well-blended.
- Alternate adding one drop of peppermint and one drop of rosemary oil to make sure the scent is evenly distributed throughout your mixture.
- Store the mix in an air-tight jar and this easy-to-make scrub is perfect for tired hands, feet, elbows, and even knees.
III] Vegetable Body Pack
A vegetable body pack is a great booster during the dry winter days.
- In a grinder add one cucumber, one ripe papaya, one carrot and one tomato to paste.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons milk cream in it and mix well.
- Apply it all over your skin and leave it for 30-40 minutes.
It helps to make your skin soft, supple, glowing and hydrated. A weekly application of this vegetable pack especially in winter is ideal to make your skin glowing and radiant.